Overview: Red Dead Redemption 2 is an action adventure video game developed and published by Rockstar Games. It was released on Windows platform on 11/05/2019. This post will provide you all the possible troubleshooting steps to fix Red Dead Redemption 2 errors, Crashing, Freezing, Graphics issue, FPS fix and different issues with the game on PC. I will keep updating this post with the solutions in case we face multiple issue with the game.
Fix Red Dead Redemption 2 Error, Crashing, Freezing, Graphics, Low FPS and Performance Issue on PC
Please follow the steps mentioned below to enjoy smooth game play of Red Dead Redemption 2 on PC.
Restart Your PC
Continuous use of PC sometimes can cause the game to crash and freeze. The first basic step is to exit out the game, restart your PC and launch the game, most of the time a simple restart takes care of multiple issues with the game.
Laptop Users- Run Red Dead Redemption 2 on Dedicated Graphics Card
Most of the time it is seen that game starts on integrated Intel graphics card by default which is not designed to play heavy games. So simply switching to dedicated graphics card such as Nvidia or AMD can take care of crashing, freezing, FPS drop and many other issue with the game. To do so follow the steps mentioned below:
- Make a right click on your desktop and launch Nvidia Control Panel
- Click on Manage 3D Settings on the left of the screen, go to the Program Settings and select Red Dead Redemption 2 exe from the list (you can also click on Add or Browse to find Red Dead Redemption 2 exe)
- Now set preferred graphics processor to High performance Nvidia processor, scroll down to find Power Management set it to Prefer Maximum Power.
- Launch Radeon Settings by making a right click on the desktop, select AMD Radeon Settings.
- Go to System
- Select Switchable Graphics, under Switchable Graphics, select the game (if it is not in the list you can add it by using the Browse option and select the .exe-file of the game) Select High Performance for the game from the drop-down option.
- Click Apply
- Close Radeon Settings and launch Red Dead Redemption 2 .
Run Red Dead Redemption 2 As An Administrator
- Make a right click on Red Dead Redemption 2 exe located on the desktop and select Properties.
- Go to the Compatibility tab, put a check on Run this program as an administrator, click on Apply and hit OK
- Now launch the game and click on Yes when it ask for permission.
Update Windows 10 to Run Red Dead Redemption 2
Press Windows + I to open Windows 10 settings, select Update & Security and click on Check for updates. Make sure you update the Windows 10 with 1903 version. You can also update the windows manually using Microsoft link.
Add Red Dead Redemption 2 Game to Your Antivirus
Make sure to allow the game to your antivirus program, many antivirus program block the game from running as it recognize the game as a harmful program. You can also try disabling the antivirus program while playing Red Dead Redemption 2.
Fix Error “Red Dead Redemption 2 Exited Unexpectedly”
If you are using Avast, please disable it while playing the game. You can also receive this error with other antivirus program, make sure to add the game to exception list or simply disable antivirus program while playing the game.
Update Graphics Card Drivers to Play Red Dead Redemption 2
Graphics card manufacturing company keeps on releasing new graphics card driver so that users can enjoy smooth game play with upcoming games, so it is important to update the graphics driver to avoid multiple issues with the game.
Please visit the links mentioned below to update Nvidia and AMD graphics driver:
Perform Clean Boot
Type in System Configuration in Windows search box and click on System Configuration.
Go to the Services tab, put a check Hide all Microsoft Services box and click on Disable All.
Hit Apply and and OK and restart your PC
Make sure to disable program from auto start, to do so type msconfig in windows search box and open System Configuration. Go to the Startup tab and click on Open Task manager. Make a right click on each program and click on Disable. Also stop multiple programs running in the background, to do so press Windows + I, select Privacy, scroll down on the left and click on Background apps. Click on the Turn off slider to stop all the programs from running in the background. Now restart your PC and launch Red Dead Redemption 2.
Verify Red Dead Redemption 2
Players who purchased the game from Epic Games Launcher can verify or repair the game to fix corrupted game files.
- Open Epic Games Launcher, go to the Library.
- Click on the Setting icon (gear icon) on the Red Dead Redemption 2 tile and then click on Verify from the drop-down options.
- It will verify Red Dead Redemption 2 game for any missing or corrupted files.
Uninstall and Reinstall Red Dead Redemption 2
In case the game files have gone corrupt and verifying the game did not fix anything then uninstalling and reinstalling Red Dead Redemption 2 may fix Error, Crashing, Freezing, Graphics, Low FPS and Performance Issue with Red Dead Redemption 2 game on PC.
Solve Red Dead Redemption 2 LS-0013 Error
This fix is applicable for those who purchased the game via Epic Games Store.
- Make right-click on the Red Dead Redemption 2 desktop shortcut or find the Red Dead Redemption 2 exe in the game installation folder. Click on Properties, go to the Compatibility tab and uncheck the box which says Run this Program as an administrator, click on Apply and hit OK.
Do the same with the Epic Games launcher exe.
- You can also try this: Go to the game library in epic games launcher and create a shortcut using the cog icon and then launch Red Dead Redemption 2.