Overview: Gears Tactics is the fast-paced, turn-based tactics strategy video game from one of the most famous game franchises i.e. Gears of War. Gears Tactics video game is developed by Splash Damage and published by Xbox Game Studios. Please follow the steps provided below to Fix Gears Tactics Error Code GT102 and Crashing on PC.
Fix Gears Tactics Error Code GT102 Video Card Has Stopped Responding and Crashing
If you are Windows 7 users and you are receiving Graphics Card Not Detected or “GT102: Your video card has stopped responding” error with Gears Tactics then let me inform you that game is not supported on Windows 7. You need to upgrade to Windows 10 to play Gears Tactics.
The error code GT102 which you receive while playing Gears Tactics means that the graphics card has stopped communication with your Windows. Due to this Windows tells the graphics driver to switch to the recovery mode, and that results in the reset of the GPU. When the graphics card setting is reset Gears Tactics game receives an error that the graphics card has been removed and it shuts down. To fix this error please follow the steps provided below.
Restart Your PC
Sometimes a simple restart may resolve error code GT102 with the Gears Tactics game. Go to the start menu, click on the power icon, and then click on restart.
Delete the Gears Tactics Folder
Navigate to the path C:\Users\”your user name”\AppData\Local\GearsTactics and delete the Gears tactics folder and then try launching the game.
Do a Clean Installation of Graphics Card Driver
Visit the links provided below to update the latest graphics drivers:
Select your graphics card from the list, download the executable file, run the executable file, select custom option and then put a check on “Perform a clean installation”. Once installed, restart your PC and launch Gears Tactics.
Disable SLI Mode in Nvidia Control Panel
- Make a right-click on your desktop and select NVIDIA Control Panel.
- Select the 3D settings menu, click the Set SLI configuration link.
- Now select Do not use SLI technology
Disable Ingame Overlays
If you have overlays apps such as GeForce Experience, Discord, Overwolf, MSI Afterburner etc then please disable Ingame Overlays from these apps.
Disable Nvidia Surround
In case you have Nvidia Surround or an Ultra HD or 4K monitor then disable Nvidia Surround and set the resolution to 1080p.
Lower Down Resolution and Unplug Multiple Display
If you have ultra HD or 4k monitors (or you are using multiple monitors setup) then try lowering down the display resolution or unplug multiple displays.
Press Windows + R to open Run box. Type in %localappdata%\GearsTactics and hit OK. Delete the local cache stored in this folder.
Run SFC Command
Type cmd in Windows search box, make a right-click on command prompt and run as administrator. Run the command sfc /scannow. Restart your PC once the scan is complete and launch Gears Tactics.
Roll Back Graphics Driver
Type Device Manager in the Windows search box and open Device Manager. Expand Display adaptor, make a right-click on your Graphics card, select Properties, go to the Driver tab and click on Rollback driver to install the previous version of the graphics driver. Restart your PC and launch Gears Tactics.
Update Windows 10
To update Windows 10 Press Windows + I on the keyboard > Update & Security > Check for Updates.
Run Gears Tactics on Dedicated Graphics Card
Laptop Users with dual graphics card please perform the steps provided below:
- Run Gears Tactics on Nvidia video card, make a right-click on the desktop to open Nvidia Control Panel, go to Manage 3D Settings.
- Click on the Program Settings and select Gears Tactics from the drop-down list (If you don’t see Gears Tactics in the list click on Add and find Gears Tactics in the list, you can also click on Browse and find Gears Tactics executable file).
- After selecting the executable of Gears Tactics, set the preferred graphics processor to a High-performance Nvidia processor.
- Launch the AMD Catalyst Control Center.
- Under Switchable Graphics, choose High-Performance section and then choose Gears Tactics (Clicking on ‘Browse if you don’t find the exe of Gears Tactics)
- Click on Apply.
Perform Clean Boot & Close Background Apps
Perform Clean boot
- Open Run box by pressing Windows + R, type in msconfig and click on OK.
- Click the Services tab and check the box to Hide all Microsoft Services, then click the Disable All button.
- Click on Apply and OK to save the changes and restart your PC.
- Now launch Gears Tactics game.
Close Background apps
- Open Run box by pressing Windows + R, type in msconfig in the Run box and click OK.
- In the Startup tab, click on open task manager, make a right-click on each app, and click on disable.
- Windows 10 users, press Windows + I to open Windows 10 settings, go to Privacy, find Background Apps under apps permissions, now click on the slider to turn off the background Apps.
Run Gears Tactics as an Administrator
Make a right-click Gears Tactics executable file in the INSTALLATION DIRECTORY. Select Properties, click on the Compatibility tab, and check the box at the bottom under settings where it says Run this Program as an administrator and hit Apply and OK.
Add Gears Tactics to the Antivirus Program
If you are unable to launch Gears Tactics or Gears Tactics does not start then make sure to allow the Gears Tactics executable and game folders to your antivirus software. Doing this will also help you to save Gears Tactics successfully.
Go to game folder locations and add the game exe file to your antivirus program. Also, disable the Controlled Folder Access from Windows security:
- Type in Windows Security in the Windows search box to open Windows Security.
- Click on Virus & threat protection
- On the next screen under Ransomware protection click on Manage ransomware protection.
- Under Controlled folder access, click on allow an app through Controlled folder access
- and then click on Add an Allowed app and select Browse all apps to add Gears Tactics exe.
In case the issue still persists then disable your Antivirus while playing Gears Tactics.
Validate Gears Tactics Game Files
Go to the game library on Steam, right-click on Gears Tactics game, click on Properties, go to the Local files tab and click on the Verify integrity of game files…
Uninstall and Reinstall Gears Tactics
In case you are still facing issues with Gears Tactics, uninstall the game from Steam, delete all game-related files then try reinstalling Gears Tactics.
Fix Issues Logging in to Xbox Live Gears Tactics
If you are unable to login into Xbox Live to play Gears Tactics then do the followings:
- Type in Credential Manager in Windows search box and click on Credential Manager.
- Click on Windows Credentials.
- Remove all Generic Credentials that start with Xbl and SSO. Click on the down arrow to expand and then click on Remove.
How to Change Gears Tactics Game Language
In-game go to Settings > Game > General > The choices to select language is at the bottom.