Wolcen: Lords of Mayhem is a hack and slash video game developed by Wolcen Studio. There are many players facing various errors and issues while playing WOLCEN LORDS OF MAYHEM game. Please perform workarounds and fixes provided in this post to fix WOLCEN LORDS OF MAYHEM Crashing, DXGI Errors, Checking Game crash and Game Creation Failed Error on PC.
Fix Wolcen Lords of Mayhem DXGI_ERROR_DEVICE_HUNG Crash Error
- Press Windows + I to open Settings > Select Display > click on Advanced graphics settings. Click on Browse, find and select Wolcen.exe, usually the path is steamapps\common\Wolcen\win_x64. Select Wolcen.exe, click on Options and set it to High Performance.
- Nvidia users Using laptop: Make a right-click on the desktop to open Nvidia Control Panel- Go to Manage 3D Settings section, select Program Settings tab, click on Add and select Wolcen.exe executable. Now from Select the preferred graphics processor for this program drop-down menu, select a High-performance NVIDIA processor.
- Install Latest Graphics Card Driver- Visit the link provided below to update the graphics card driver. While installation select Custom install and put a check on a clean or fresh install.
- Change TdrDelay value to 0- Type Regedit in Windows search box and open registry editor Navigate to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\Control\GraphicsDrivers”. Change TdrDelay value to 0.
- Do not overclock GPU or CPU- Set the hardware to default factory settings.
- Avoid overclocking your CPU or graphics card- In case you have overclocked your graphics card and keep getting this error, go to the system BIOS and revert back to the factory default.
Fix Wolcen Lords of Mayhem DXGI_ERROR_DEVICE_RESET Error
- Go for a clean installation of the latest graphics drivers- While installation select Custom install and check clean or fresh install.
- Do not overclock or try downclocking your GPU- Try disabling all OSD, like AfterBurner, Fraps, GeForce experience, etc.
- Verify WOLCEN LORDS OF MAYHEM game files on Steam.
- Run WOLCEN LORDS OF MAYHEM on the dedicated graphics card.
- Disconnect multiple monitors connected to the system.
- Turn off every background applications.
- Add the game to antivirus whitelist, allow the game folder to antivirus program.
Wolcen Lords of Mayhem Crashing on Checking Game Version At Startup
Many players are facing crash on Checking Game Version screen, unfortunately, due to load on the servers this might be happening, I haven’t found any guaranteed fix. Closing the client and trying again worked for some, you can try creating a new fresh account then try launching the game.
For now, if you just want to enjoy offline mode then do the following. I will update the post once I find some workarounds.
- Disconnect the Internet on your system.
- Launch Wolcen.exe from SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Wolcen\win_x64.
- When the game starts to connect press the ESC key and go to Settings.
- Select Network Settings.
- Enable Start the game in Offline Mode.
- Now re-launch Wolcen Lords of Mayhem.
- Enable the Internet on your computer.
Here you can see the list of issues being addressed by Wolcen Studio. Hopefully, the patch comes soon to fix the issues.
Wolcen Lords of Mayhem Error Game Creation Failed (Your game could not be created, please try again later),
Unfortunately, it seems Asia/Pacific servers have issues, the servers are overloaded. You have to try multiple times till you can join instantly. Closing the client and trying again worked for some players. Sometimes it may take 5-10 minutes to let you in. Few players manually selected the North America server like the California server within their network settings (change server in settings) and were able to create a game.