Troubleshooting Guide To Fix SpellForce 3 Soul Harvest Fatal DirectX Error, CO-OP Issue, Low FPS, Crashing and Freezing
Fix Fatal DirectX Error
- Close Steam and restart your PC
- Launch the SpellForce 3 Soul Harvest.
Verify The Integrity of SpellForce 3 Soul Harvest Game Files
- Launch Steam
- Go to the Library section, make a right-click on SpellForce 3 Soul Harvest game and click on Properties from the menu.
- Select the Local files tab and click on the Verify integrity of game files…
Run the SpellForce 3 Soul Harvest As An Administrator
Make a right-click on SpellForce 3 Soul Harvest desktop shortcut. In case you don’t have one, look for the SpellForce 3 Soul Harvest exe file in the game installation folder. Make right click, select Properties, click on the Compatibility tab and check the box at the bottom under settings where it says Run this Program as an administrator and Click Apply and OK.
Allow SpellForce 3 Soul Harvest to Your Antivirus Program
Add SpellForce 3 Soul Harvest exe file to Windows Security through Controlled folder access. If you have any other antivirus, make sure to add SpellForce 3 Soul Harvest to allow list.
Type in Windows Security in the windows search box to open Windows Security.
Select on Virus & threat protection
On the next screen under Ransomware protection click on Manage ransomware protection.
Under Controlled folder access, click on allow an app through Controlled folder access
and then click on Add an Allowed app and select Browse all apps to add SpellForce 3 Soul Harvest exe.
Do Not Overclock GPU, Disable VSync
If you are Overclocking or Turbo Boosting hardware in your computer, then we suggest resetting the processor or GPU to the manufacturer specifications, as doing so may prevent any crashing and freezing. Also, try disabling Vsync.
Also, disable Intel Turbo Booster from BIOS settings and in case you are not able to figure out contact your system manufacturer.
Open Windows 10 setting by pressing Windows + I key on the keyboard, then click on Update & Security, now click on Check for updates to update Windows 10.
Windows 7 users can install Windows 7 sp1 platform update. Windows 7 Users use this link to update.
Also, update the Graphics card driver.
Reinstall Visual C++ Redistributables
- Launch Control Panel by typing Control in Windows search box.
- Select Programs, click on Uninstall a program.
- Choose Redistributable needed to be uninstalled, make a right-click and click on Uninstall.
- Now reinstall the latest supported Visual C++ downloads from Microsoft link.
Resolve CO-OP Issue
To resolve co-op issue try the following workarounds:
Play In Lan Mode– To go to the Lan mode launch the game and when you’ve connected, log out and then go to co-op, you will see Lan mode at the bottom once you are logged out.
Do the port forwarding and enure below-mentioned Ports are Unblocked
SpellForce 3: Soul Harvest – PC
- UDP: 5432,9182-9183
SpellForce 3: Soul Harvest – Steam
- TCP: 27015-27030,27036-27037
- UDP: 4380,5432,9182-9183,27000-27031,27036
Fix SpellForce 3 Soul Harvest Crashing and Low FPS
Turn off Vsync
- Open Nvidia Control Panel by making a right click on the desktop
- Select Manage 3D Settings and select SpellForce 3 Soul Harvest from the Program Settings and set the Power Management to Prefer Maximum Power
- Open Radeon Settings. Make a right click on an empty space on the desktop and select AMD Radeon Settings from the menu.
- Select System
- Select Switchable Graphics, under Switchable Graphics, select the game (if it is not in the list you can add it by using the Browse option and select the .exe-file of the game) Select High Performance for the game from the drop down option.
- Click Apply
- Close Radeon Settings and launch the game.
- Type Graphics Settings in the Windows search box and open Graphics Settings. Classic App should be selected by default. Click on Browse and select the .exe file of SpellForce 3 Soul Harvest game.
- Now click on Options after it has been added and Select High Performance option when it prompts the new window and click on Save.
- Now go to the installation directory and launch the .exe file of SpellForce 3 Soul Harvest as an administrator.
Fix SpellForce 3 Soul Harvest Freezing
- Try running the game in Windowed mode.
- Run the game in compatibility mode.