Troubleshooting Guide to Fix Fix Octopath Traveler Crashing, Freezing, Low FPS, Audio and Graphics Issue on PC
Fix Octopath Traveler Crashing and Low FPS
- Open Nvidia Control Panel by making a right click on the desktop
- Select Manage 3D Settings and select Octopath Traveler from the Program Settings and set the Power Management to Prefer Maximum Power
- Open Radeon Settings. Make a right click on an empty space on the desktop and select AMD Radeon Settings from the menu.
- Select System
- Select Switchable Graphics, under Switchable Graphics, select the game (if it is not in the list you can add it by using the Browse option and select the .exe-file of the game) Select High Performance for the game from the drop down option.
- Click Apply
- Close Radeon Settings and launch the game.
- Type Graphics Settings in the Windows search box and open Graphics Settings.
Classic App should be selected by default. Click on Browse and select the .exe file of Octopath Traveler game.
- Now click on Options after it has been added and Select High Performance option when it prompts the new window and click on Save.
- Now go to the installation directory and launch the .exe file of Octopath Traveler as an administrator. Avoid using the desktop shortcut.
Update Graphics Drivers to Run Octopath Traveler
Updating graphics card fixes multiple issues, visit your system manufacturer’s website to update system BIOS and all the necessary driver especially the graphics card driver.
NVIDIA Users: GeForce Experience can be used to check and update the drivers automatically, visit the below link to auto update or update it manually. Nvidia keeps releasing a new driver which can be downloaded from the below link. Click on Download for Automatic Driver Updates from the below link and download GeForce Experience and use GeForce Experience to check and update the drivers automatically
AMD Users: Visit the below link to autodetect or manually select your driver.
Octopath Traveler Does Not Launch
Exit Steam and restart the PC.
Also, add Octopath Traveler exe file through Controlled folder access. If you have any other antivirus, make sure to add Octopath Traveler to allow list and also try running the game as an administrator.
Type in Windows Defender in the windows search box to open Windows Security.
Click on Virus & threat protection
On the next screen under Ransomware protection click on Manage ransomware protection.
Under Controlled folder access, click on allow an app through Controlled folder access
and then click on Add an Allowed app and select Browse all apps to add Octopath Traveler exe.
Run Octopath Traveler as an Administrator
Right-click the Octopath Traveler desktop shortcut.
If you don’t have one, look for the Octopath Traveler exe file in the executable file in the INSTALLATION DIRECTORY
Select Properties, click on the Compatibility tab and check the box at the bottom under settings where it says Run this Program as an administrator and Click Apply and OK.
Octopath Traveler Does Not Start or Crash on Windows 7
Install Windows 7 sp1 platform update. Windows 7 Users use this link to update.
Also, try running the game as an administrator.
Resolve Audio Issue Octopath Traveler
Make sure Windows sound is not on mute. Make a right click on the speaker icon on the bottom right of your screen and click on Sounds and go to Playback tab and disable all the sound devices except the internal speaker or the speaker which you want to use.
Also, try changing the audio from surround sound to stereo.
Make sure to update audio driver and run Troubleshoot Sound problems by making a right click on Windows speaker icon.
Controller Not Working
- Make sure both controllers are plugged in, connected, and registered
- Make a right click on Octopath Traveler game in your Library > Edit Steam Controller Configuration > bottom button labeled Switch Controller > Change Controller Configuration Grouping
- Select configurations for each device
Please Note: You can also change the controller from Big Picture mode > Library > Manage Game > Controller Options.
Steps to Disable Depth of Field
Make Changes as mentioned below:
Fix Black Screen
Use ALT + ENTER key on the keyboard to go to Windows mode in case you can hear the sound in the background. If not fixed, Verify or Repair Octopath Traveler in Steam, in case issue is not resolved, uninstall and reinstall the game.
Bluescreen Error with Octopath Traveler
In case you face bluescreen issue while playing Octopath Traveler, please visit this link to fix bluescreen or BSOD error.
Perform Clean Boot for Smooth Performance
Perform clean boot to fix crashing, freezing, lagging and performance issue with Octopath Traveler.
Type in msconfig in Windows search box and click on System Configuration.
Click the Services tab and check the box to Hide all Microsoft Services, then click the Disable All button.
Now click on the Startup tab, then click on Open Task Manager.
Click each of the Startup programs in the list then click the Disable button. Disable all.
Close the Task Manager window.
Click OK on the System Configuration window to save your changes.
Restart the system and try launching Octopath Traveler game again.
Stop the Windows 10 Apps From Running in the Background
Close all the browsers while playing the games. It does help in smooth performance. Open Windows 10 setting by pressing Windows + I key on the keyboard, then click on Privacy and then scroll down and select Background apps and disable all the apps which you do not need.