This article provides steps to fix error “You do not have permission to open the application “HP Scanner 3” when scanning on macOS Big Sur, Please follow the steps provided below to fix when HP scanner is not working after updating to macOS Big Sur.
- Open Finder.
- Navigate to Macintosh HD, then go to /Library/Image Capture/Devices
- Make a right click on HP Scanner 3.app: “Get info”.
- Scroll down until “Sharing and Permissions“.
- Click on the lock icon on that window and click on it to unlock it to make changes. Enter your password.
- Add your user id under Sharing & Permissions by clicking the + sign at the bottom and change it to Read and Write.
- Now open HP Scanner 3.app once.
- That should fix it and HP Scan should work normally.
Open terminal by clicking the Launchpad icon in the Dock, type in Terminal in the search field and then click on Terminal, you can also go to Finder , open /Applications/Utilities folder and then double-click Terminal.
After openng terminal execute the commands provided below:
/Library/Image\ Capture/Devices/HP\ Scanner\ 3.app/Contents/MacOS/HP\ Scanner\ 3
Now quit terminal and now scan, now HP Scan should work fine.
I hope one of the steps provided in this article should help you to get your HP scanner working on macOS Big Sur, it should also help you to get rid of error “You do not have permission to open the application “HP Scanner 3”.