Troubleshooting steps to Fix Half-Life Alyx Error 301, VRInitError_Init_PathRegistryNotFound Error, Crashing, No Audio, Subtitles Issue and Steam VR runtime failure Error on PC
Fix Half-Life Alyx Error 301 A key component of SteamVR isn’t working properly
Please follow the steps provided below, one of the steps may help you to fix the error 301 with SteamVR.
- Restart your PC.
- Restart SteamVR.
- Unplug all non-essential USB devices from your PC.
- Uninstall or disable Razer Synapse driver software which may be conflicting with SteamVR.
- The error may also occur due to the corsair link or any corsair background processes that are similar to the synapse. So try disabling it or uninstall it.
- Close MSI Afterburner and RivaTuna. Doing this may allow SteamVR to recognize the RIFT.
- Disable your antivirus program while using SteamVR.
- Run Steam as an Administrator.
Go to SteamVR > Settings > Developer Settings > click on Set Log Directory, just click on Select Folder. Now click on Set Config Directory and again click on Select Folder.
- Make sure that the SteamVR is properly installed by verifying the tool cache.
- Close SteamVR and go to the Steam Client.
- Under Library, find SteamVR and then select Tools.
- Make a Right-click on SteamVR, select Properties. Go to the Local Files tab.
- Click on Verify Integrity of Tool Cache.
In case, the issue still persists, then try deleting the local files. perform steps 1 to 3 as mentioned above and select “Delete Local Tool Content.” make a double click on SteamVR in the tools library to reinstall.
Fix Half-Life Alyx Crashing
Try all the steps provided below one by one and launch the game after each step and check the performance.
- Restart Steam VR
- Restart the game.
- Update the latest graphics driver released today especially for Half-Life Alyx.
- Try setting texture resolution to the lowest settings.
- Rollback Nvidia driver to version 442.59 worked for many players.
- Verify integrity of game files
- Turning off spectator mode fixed crashing for many players.
- Update Windows 10, update the .NET framework, restart your PC.
- Try running the game as an administrator.
- Go to the settings, find the spectator menu, and lower down almost everything and turn hud off. Also in performance set the lowest settings, including the texture.
Fix Half-Life: Alyx Error SteamVR failed initialization with error code VRInitError_Init_PathRegistryNotFound
Install the SteamVR app from Steam Store.
Open the Oculus desktop app, go to the Library, click on the + button and manually add the game. Go to the game installation folder and then add it manually.
Fix No Sound/Audio with Half-Life Alyx
- Restart the game.
- Disable audio mirroring.
- Manually set HMD as the default audio device.
- Switch to wired headphones if nothing works.
Fix Subtitles Not Working with Half-Life Alyx Game
Go to the installation directory, find the files mentioned below:
Copy these files and rename the copies as your Steam’s language.
For example. If you have Ukrainian as your Steam language, then replace the English word to your Steam’s language.
Fix Half-Life Alyx Steam VR runtime failure
To fix this error disable the Steam Overlay.
If not fixed, Verify the installation or the local files of Steam VR. It will find and fix the missing files and that should fix the Steam VR runtime failure error with Half-Life Alyx.
Fix Half-Life: Alyx Error Insufficient Graphics Memory, please close all programs, bad performance may occur
- Make sure you close all the Web browsers and background applications such as Spotify, discord, etc.
- Restart your PC.
- Update your graphics drivers.
If not resolved do the followings:
- In Windows search box type in System and click on System as shown below.
- Now click on Advanced System Settings
- On System Properties Window under the Advanced tab click on Settings as shown below
- On Performance Option Window under advanced click on Change
- On Virtual Memory window, uncheck Automatically manage paging file size for all drives.
- From the list, select the drive on which Windows 10 is installed. (C: in most cases is already selected) Click to select the Custom size radio button. Now type the minimum and maximum size of the Pagefile in megabytes (MB) according to the physical memory present in your computer.
Now how to calculate Windows 10 Virtual Memory: Initial size is one and a half (1.5) x the amount of total system memory. The maximum size is three (3) x the initial size. So, in this system we have 8 GB (1 GB = 1,024 MB x 8 = 8192 MB) of memory. The initial size would be 1.5 x 8192 = 12288 MB and the maximum size would be 3 x 12288= 36864 MB.
Now click on Set and hit OK. Restart your PC and launch Half-Life: Alyx.
Fix Half Life Alyx Bluescreen Error
Please visit this link to fix the bluescreen or BSOD error with the Half-Life Alyx game.
How to Switch From Fullscreen to Windowed Mode in Half-Life Alyx
Go to the game page, go to Parameters, here you can find command line parameters and this over here:
-window -w 1280 -h 1024