Overview: Bloodstained Ritual of the Night is a singleplayer action-adventure game developed by ArtPlay and published by 505 Games. Please follow the below steps to fix Crashing, FPS Drop, Freezing, Stuttering, Graphics and other multiples issue with Bloodstained Ritual of the Night game on PC.
Bloodstained Download/Installation Issue
Exit out of steam and restart the PC. Launch Steam and start the download.
Unable To Launch Bloodstained Ritual of the Night
Exit out of steam and restart the PC and try launching the game again.
Make sure to add Bloodstained game to the Windows firewall. In case of third-party antivirus, add an exception for Bloodstained game, also run Bloodstained as an administrator.
Type in Windows Security in the windows search box to open Windows Security.
Click on Virus & threat protection
On the next screen under Ransomware protection click on Manage ransomware protection.
Under Controlled folder access, click on allow an app through Controlled folder access
and then click on Add an Allowed app and select Browse all apps to add Bloodstained exe.
Bloodstained Does Not Start or Crash on Windows 7
Install Windows 7 sp1 platform update. Windows 7 Users use this link to update.
Also, try running Bloodstained as an administrator.
Steps To Fix Bloodstained Crashing Freezing and Low FPS
- Go to Windows search box on the bottom left of your screen and type Graphics Settings.
- You can see the Classic App is selected by default. Click on Browse, find and select the .exe file of Bloodstained Ritual of the Night.
- Click on Options after selecting the exe and Select High Performance option and click on Save as shown below:
- Now go to game folder and launch the .exe file of Bloodstained Ritual of the Night as an administrator.
- Open Nvidia Control Panel by making a right click on the desktop
- Select Manage 3D Settings and go to the Program Settings and select Bloodstained Ritual of the Night from the drop-down list (If you don’t see the game in the list click on Add and find the game in the list, you may also have to click on Browse and find the game)
- After selecting the game, set preferred graphics processor to High performance Nvidia processor and go below to find Power Management set it to Prefer Maximum Power
- Open Radeon Settings. Make a right click on an empty space on the desktop and select AMD Radeon Settings from the menu.
- Select System
- Select Switchable Graphics, under Switchable Graphics, select the game (if it is not in the list you can add it by using the Browse option and select the .exe-file of the game) Select High Performance for the game from the drop down option.
- Click Apply
- Close Radeon Settings and launch the game.
Update Graphics card to the latest version.
AMD Users: Visit the below link to autodetect or manually select your driver.
- Try lowering the graphical settings within your in-game settings menu and also switching from Full Screen to Windowed mode.
- Try turning off V and G-Sync (NVIDIA) or Freesync (AMD)
- Disable Shadowplay
- Disable MSI Afterburner
- Adjust Ambient Occlusion in the NVIDIA control panel (Manage 3D Settings)
- Adjust or disable all forms of Vsync for your monitor
- Downclock GPU to default settings
- Try uninstalling GeForce Experience (NVIDIA)
- Close all background tasks.
Bloodstained Closing After Splash Screen
To fix this install the Media Feature Pack for N edition of Windows 10, this will provide you proper codecs for the Bloodstained game.
For detailed information about Media Feature Pack for N edition of Windows 10 visit this Microsoft link.
Fix Bloodstained.exe Has Stopped Working
In case, the game won’t launch or you receive the error “Bloodstained has stopped working” try repairing the game files in steam.
Exit Steam and restart the PC.
Also, add Bloodstained exe file through Controlled folder access. If you have any other antivirus, make sure to add Bloodstained to allow list and also try running the game as an administrator.
- Type in Windows Defender in the windows search box to open Windows Security.
- Click on Virus & threat protection
- On the next screen under Ransomware protection click on Manage ransomware protection.
- Under Controlled folder access, click on allow an app through Controlled folder access
- and then click on Add an Allowed app and select Browse all apps to add Bloodstained exe.
You can also try to repair the game in Steam.
- Launch Steam
- From the Library section, right-click on Bloodstained game and click on Properties from the menu.
- Select the Local files tab and click on the Verify integrity of game files…
Steam will verify the game’s files and download again any missing or corrupted files.
Bloodstained Audio Issue
Update audio driver. Make sure Windows sound is not on mute. Make a right click on the speaker icon on the bottom right of your screen and click on Sounds and go to Playback tab and disable all the sound devices except the internal speaker or the speaker which you want to use.
Also, try changing the audio from surround sound to stereo.
If you face low sound or any issue with the audio, make sure to update audio driver and run Troubleshoot Sound problems by making a right click on Windows speaker icon.
Fix Black Screen With Bloodstained
Press ALT + ENTER key on the keyboard to go to Windows mode in case you can hear the sound in the background. If not fixed, Verify or Repair Bloodstained in Steam, in case issue is not resolved, uninstall and reinstall the game.
Bluescreen Error with Bloodstained
Please visit this link to fix the bluescreen issue with Bloodstained game.
Perform Clean Boot to Play Bloodstained
Perform clean boot to fix crashing, freezing, lagging and performance issue with Bloodstained.
Type in msconfig in Windows search box and click on System Configuration.
Click the Services tab and check the box to Hide all Microsoft Services, then click the Disable All button.
Now click on the Startup tab, then click on Open Task Manager.
Click each of the Startup programs in the list then click the Disable button. Disable all.
Close the Task Manager window.
Click OK on the System Configuration window to save your changes.
Restart the system and launch Bloodstained again.
Uninstall & Reinstall Bloodstained Ritual of the Night
If none of the steps works to fix the game then try uninstalling and reinstalling the Bloodstained game, doing so will get rid of the corrupt game data which can fix multiple issues with Bloodstained.